Sunday 19 August 2012

Nei Choru/ Ghee Rice

Eid Mubarak to all my Muslims friends all over the world, surely you all have prepared special briyani for your family today but I made Ghee Rice. I love making variety of rice for my family, to be precise I love trying out new recipes but this recipe I learnt from my mom many years back. This is one of my family's favorite, let's see how I cooked this.


Ingredients:

2 cup of rice soaked and drained
2 tbsp ghee
1 bay leaf
1 cinnamon stick
2 cardamom
4 cloves
1 star anise
A handful of raisin
A handful of cashew nuts
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
Few drops of yellow coloring
Chopped coriander
2 cups water
Salt to taste

Heat up rice cooker, add in ghee, ginger garlic paste, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves, star anise and cashew nuts fry for a minute. Now add in rice and fry for a couple of minute, then add raisin, salt and chopped coriander. Finally add water and yellow coloring and close the lid of cooker until rice is perfectly cooked. Done, its very simple isn't it.

Our ghee rice is ready to be served, do try and let me know how it turned out.


I'm sending this recipe to Akila's Kitchen

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sis, how are you? Just a suggestion for you, maybe you should try using saffron instead of yellow coloring. This is a natural coloring but it is a bit expensive. However you only need a tiny amount.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi kash im fine....im out of saffron that's y used coloring....tnx 4 ur suggestion anyway....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suman Arthy, first time here, you are having such a nice space, happy to follow you thru' g+, when u get time drop my space...
    rice looks so awesome n yummy...
    VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! looks so colorful and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for dropping by Vijayalakshmi...will visit you right a way..

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi..I'm dla..wow nice rice.. Thanks for sharing the recipe :D..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman